Getting the Most Bang for your Buck with your Replacement Windows
Investing in your home is important, and when the time comes to replace windows, any homeowner will want to be sure they are getting what they paid for. It’s important to assess the style, material and design of a window, but to recognize your return on investment for your window purchase, it’s important to look at the long-term benefits you’ll experience throughout the years. Here are several of them:
- Your energy bills are reduced overtime. After replacement window installment, you may see your heating and cooling costs drop. According to the ENERGY STAR®-website, ENERGY STAR certified windows have been shown to save homeowners an average of $101–$583 per year when replacing single-pane windows.
- New windows are great for real estate. According to the National Association of Realtors 2017 Cost vs. Value Report, new wood or vinyl windows may return 73 percent of the project amount when you sell your house. If you are thinking of selling your home in the next couple years, your first step might be to replace your windows.
- You could earn rebate rewards. There are easy-to-use rebate offers and a special offer finder online for most ENERGY STAR window purchases. The online finder allows homeowners to search through available rebates through a ZIP code entry and locate the best deals in Victoria.
- New window glass can help protect your furniture. As technology has improved, new glass panes can now help diminish fading of your furniture and fabrics from damaging sunlight.
- You could earn green-energy tax credits.* Newly installed energy efficient windows that meet ENERGY STAR requirements could be eligible for a thirty-percent of costs tax credit with no upper limit in 2017. To get more information about the details of green-energy tax credits for the Victoria area, visit energystar.gov.
Sometimes it pays to be energy efficient, even though the upfront expenses can be intimidating. Replacement windows are a good way to spruce up your house before the fall hits, while also holding onto some extra cash in your pocket for the future. Hear more about replacing new windows with Pella Windows & Doors - Victoria by giving our professionals a call at 250-475-1277 or scheduling an appointment with us online.