How to Decorate Your Doors for Fall in Victoria
Fall is upon us in Victoria, and as the season begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our homes. Now is the ideal time to begin figuring out how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and take advantage of some creative fall accents for your replacement doors to imitate the feel of the season. Doors are oftentimes the focal point of a home—they bring curb appeal and can make a strong impact on someone’s first impression of a house. Here are some things to consider when determining your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is helpful when it comes to drawing eyes to your home’s doorway. There are several ways to produce levels, including using decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stage pumpkins or other unique fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall gives us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should do the same. Gourds and pumpkins constantly provide a tremendous pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a great option for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are usually staple fall decorations that are used annually, but creativity in on-trend items can make your entryway look unique and stylish. Some of the big door hangers this season include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a clever fall message to give an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string some together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of piling fall flowers into a basket, fill a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and put it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into an enduring scarecrow to greet guests when they appear at your door
Use your replacement door as a canvas for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and trendy curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating may include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our team at Pella Windows & Doors - Victoria in Victoria a call at 250-475-1277 or book an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a great time for a new front door and a new look!