Kitchen Remodeling Dos and Donts
In 2017, kitchen remodeling was one of the most popular home projects and it’s a good way to add value to your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before tearing out the cabinets and pulling up the floors. Consider these do’s and don’ts to get the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the appropriate way:
- Do some research to make sure you are hiring a qualified contractor. Browse reviews online, ask your friends and peers for recommendations, and don’t settle just because one contractor might be cheaper.
- Consider your kitchen must-haves—is energy efficiency important to you? Have a certain finish or countertop material? Do you want to have high-tech appliances?
- Think about a smart floor plan for your new kitchen. Keep it functional and efficient with plenty of storage and countertop space that matches your needs and the needs of your household. What do you want to get out of the space? What do you like to use the kitchen for most frequently? Cooking? Entertaining? Spending time with your family?
- Hang on to all your receipts. Have them in a safe place to pull out when filing your taxes or to use if you plan to sell your home in the future.
- Focus exclusively on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most critical things about your new kitchen. Ensure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen functioning efficiently for many years.
- Forget stick with the budget! Keep on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are worth the most to you. We advise budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you imagine you’ll need so you can cover unpredictable costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget about windows! Pella Windows & Doors - Victoria has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can pull together an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important aspects of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they offer light into your space, set the tone for the room and provide you a gateway to the outdoors, which really feels nice when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are interested in replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our team at Pella Windows & Doors - Victoria a call at 250-475-1277, visit our Victoria showroom or schedule an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you select the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.