Know when its time for replacement windows and doors with a DIY window and door inspection in Victoria, B.C
When it comes to homeownership, the list of to-do’s adds up from day one and never really gets completed. One thing that never gets crossed off the list is routine home maintenance. While that’s awfully broad and all-encompassing, you need to make certain that it includes an inspection of your windows and doors so you know when it’s time for replacement windows and doors.
Setting aside even 10-15 minutes to do a fast walk around your home to inspect your windows and doors can help provide insight into which rooms or areas of your home may need repair or maintenance and help you order them.
So before you begin your research on replacement windows and doors, look over this checklist for your inspection.
- Look at the finishes around your
windows and doors and see if there is any flaking or
- Take a close look at the structure of your
windows and doors, making a mental note of any
cracking or deteriorating wood as well as any additional
damage that may be caused by water.
- If you uncover a problem, find the source. There may
be underlying issues that need
a specialist from Pella Windows & Doors - Victoria to come out
and take a look, and any information is appreciated.
- Clean out your window sills and tracks for dirt
and other debris as it may impact the
seal and operation of your windows and doors.
- While you’re inspecting your window sills and tracks, check
the weather stripping around your windows and doors. Re-attach or replace any deteriorating
- Test out the locks on your windows and doors to ensure they are functioning
smoothly and correctly.
- Check the caulking of all your windows and doors as they help guard against air leaks and help protect your home from the elements.
If you’ve taken the time to walk through this checklist, you’ve inspected your home for some of the more common issues we see at Pella Windows & Doors - Victoria. While some of these issues are basic fixes, please contact us if you have any questions about the condition of your windows and doors. Stop by our Victoria showroom, give us a call at 250-475-1277 or schedule an appointment with us online through our online scheduler.