Make Your Room Look Tidier Than it Actually is With These Tips
Keeping a spotless room is nearly impossible. Busy schedules make it tricky to keep your home clean–we get it. That’s why Pella Windows & Doors - Victoria has compiled a few easy cleaning tips so you can prepare for friends without cleaning all day. Use these tips to easily and effectively keep your home free of dust, grime, clutter and more to make it look cleaner than it actually is:
- Three T’s – If you only have a minute to tidy up your home before friends arrive, focus on the television, toilets and tabletops. These tend to be the three most seen surfaces in your home and can easily be cleaned with a duster, disinfecting wipes or a cloth.
- Close the blinds – Victoria sunshine can be your worst enemy when it comes to dust on home windows. Closing your window blinds is an easy way to keep the dust out of direct sight and out of mind (for the time being). Upgrading your windows with snap-in, between-the-glass blinds or shades from Pella Windows & Doors - Victoria is a great idea, as well. These are installed between panes of glass and shielded from damage and dust—especially helpful if you have busy little hands in the house.
- Use baskets – If you have a cluttered living area, take a basket and put all your clutter into it so you can sort it out later when you have more time. This method can be used in many different rooms—don’t have an opportunity to fold clean laundry before you put a new load in? Use a “clean” hamper to keep everything separate and convenient. Hold all your toys in a bin or basket for easy access.
- Create a “junk drawer” – Looking for a pen, tape, or a notepad? Create a junk drawer with all the little things you often need but seem to leave lying around. Creating a convenient stashing spot will make it more difficult to lose things.
- Flip couch cushions – Many couch cushions are reversible and can help give your living space a clean, fresh look if they are turned over. Fluff up your pillows and fold your blankets to keep your couch looking tidy.
- Light a candle – A fragrant scent always makes a space feel fresh and clean. Candles bring warm light and a nice aroma.
Follow these tips and your home can feel cleaner in minutes. Then, look to Pella Windows & Doors - Victoria for a collection of replacement window features that can keep your windows looking fresh for years to come. Visit our window and door professionals at our Victoria showroom, or give us a call at 250-475-1277 or schedule an appointment with us online.