More Than an Entry Way: The Importance of Your Front Door in Victoria, B.C
We have all heard about the importance of first impressions and that you can’t make a second first impression. But what if we told you how to only need one first impression? Front doors are often seen as a significant part of the home, but we generally only care about the color of our front door. Believe it or not, your front door plays a big role in your home’s first impression and can add to the value of your home.
Here are some thoughts to keep in mind as you give your front door and front entry a unique look:
- Utilize doors that have etched or stained glass
- Easy upgrades such as new hardware can make a big difference
- Lighting is easy to install around and above your entryway, highlighting great accents to your home’s unique features
- Adding a little landscaping can also be a nice addition to your home’s front door and overall entryway
- Shutters at your front door allow the opportunity to accent your home’s siding and front door
One important part to the replacement door process is ensuring that your improvements look like they have always been there. An easy way to visualize what will look good on your home is to look at other homes that are the same style as yours. Getting ideas from these homes will help you determine how you can improve your front entry. In addition, you’ll see what may not work so well, saving you valuable time and money in the end.
Whether it’s taking the step to give us a call at 250-475-1277 about a replacement front door or simply accenting what you have until you’re ready for a replacement door, it’s easy to make a couple small changes to make your home more welcoming while also increasing its curb appeal.