Prepare Your Entryway for the Winter Weather
Cooler temps are heading our way in Victoria and when the temperature lowers, the energy bills can often increase. There are many things that you can do to prepare for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can aid your home comfort during the cold months, and Pella Windows & Doors - Victoria is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
So, what’s so important about storm door installation? While storm doors are helpful in every season, here are several of the benefits that storm doors offer during Victoria winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an additional layer between the outdoors and your indoor comfort. Their glass covering option reduces energy loss and can help decrease expenses on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors deliver an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also gives another barrier for burglars or other uninvited guests.
Storm door installation is a great way to prepare your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are additional ways to save some money in your home as the colder weather looms:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping is coming away, cold air can trickle in and impact your home comfort. If you have challenges with reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your home’s doors and windows, give our Pella Victoria professionals a call and receive the help you need.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can get caught in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Find a dry paintbrush and clean these areas to produce a tighter seal and enhance your window and door performance.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, such as deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could let cold air to come into your home. Talk with a professional to repair these issues before the winter hits Victoria.
If you have any concerns or questions about getting your home ready for winter, or about storm door installation this winter, give the professionals at Pella Windows & Doors - Victoria in Victoria a call at 250-475-1277 or check out our showroom to talk face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the colder season.