Ready for a warm new look? Try a wood front door
Winters in Victoria can bring a lot of weather changes: colder temperatures, wetter environments and cloudy skies. One of the best ways to warm up the look of your home throughout this sometimes dreary time of year is by adding a wooden replacement door. The detailed wood doors from Pella Windows & Doors - Victoria are crafted to complement your home and bring warmth to your entryway. Each Pella Victoria collection delivers a different style for your Victoria home:
- Traditional: The Traditional Collection features unique glass designs and detailed wood panels for a look that is timeless.
- Craftsman: The Craftsman Collection brings simple, symmetrical detailing with a steadfast make.
- Classic: The Classic Collection adds elegance and charm to your space with a historic feel, decorative designs, beveled glass and true divided-light grilles.
- Old World European: The Old World European Collection takes guests back in time when they walk up to your home. Textured glass and decorative iron accents add grandeur and character to your entryway.
Now that you have a better understanding of the types of wooden doors available to you at Pella Windows & Doors - Victoria, how do know if a wooden door is best for your home? There are many advantages to wood replacement doors besides their style and warmth. Here are a few features to consider:
- Because the doors are made of wood, they are easier to customize. Door panels, molding and any other customized features can easily be crafted into wood to make your front door your own. You can also highlight your wood’s natural grain with stain.
- Depending on the weather in your area, wood replacement doors and windows can be a long-lasting, durable product. Wood doors commonly require an overhang, so you will want to remember that for your replacement project. That means that wood doors might help increase your home’s energy efficiency, and even diminish noise from the outdoors.
- Because wood is a natural material that can be shaped in different ways, wooden doors can be custom made to fit almost any size of doorway. It’s simple to insert glass windows or pieces into a custom door for more light.
- According to Consumer Reports, wood is one of the ideal door materials for resisting wear and tear. Wood doors are less likely to dent and scratch and are easier to repair. However, to keep the wood doors looking their best, they require routine painting or varnishing on a more timely basis.
The entryway is the focal point of any home. If you are seeking an inviting upgrade this winter, or just want to try out a more unique look for your space, chat with our Pella Windows & Doors - Victoria professionals about wood replacement doors. Stop by our Victoria showroom or schedule an appointment with us online.