Spring Cleaning: Prepping your Victoria, B.C Wood Windows for the Best View
The flowers, the warmth – few things are better than looking out your wood windows on a perfect, warm day in Victoria. And with a small amount of spring-cleaning, those windows will sparkle, leaving you great views and the great feeling of a clean home.
Whether they are wood windows or another material, no one likes streaky windows or dust bunnies around their windowsills. Keep in mind a couple cleaning tips when you begin your spring-cleaning:
- While it’s nicer to clean with the sun out, the sun can actually dry the cleaning solution before the glass is properly cleaned, so utilize that cloudy day to get your cleaning done.
- Getting the best results means cleaning both the inside and outside of your wood windows. It’s well worth the time when you see the results.
- Always start from the top when washing your windows. Doing so makes sure the excess drips don’t head to the part of your wood windows that hasn’t been cleaned yet.
- Utilize an old towel or paper towel and lay it at the bottom of the window to collect any drips to keep them from getting on the frames.
- Once you have cleaned your windows, make certain you dry the windowsills with a cloth. If any drips slipped through, it will help guard the frame and finish of your wood windows.
No matter if they are replacement windows or windows original to your home, windows need some TLC. Whether it’s a simple damp cloth or touching up scratches, the staff at Pella Windows & Doors - Victoria can help offer proper care techniques for whatever line of Pella® windows you may have. Drop in to the showroom in Victoria today and check out which windows are ideal for your windows. And who knows, you may learn a new cleaning method while you’re at it.