The ROI of Replacement Windows
Before you invest in an expensive home endeavor, it is crucial to focus on the positives you will see in the future and how the product will add value to your life at home. From construction to price, the cost of energy efficient replacement windows may be daunting to some homeowners, but the return on investment is greatly proven throughout the years after installation. After you purchase Pella’s ENERGY STAR® certified windows, there are many benefits you should start noticing:
- Energy bills are reduced. Once your windows are installed, you may see your heating and cooling costs go down. By replacing all single-pane windows in a home with ENERGY STAR certified windows, the typical home can save an average of $101-$583 per year, according to ENERGY STAR. With support from businesses like Pella, energy bills are dropping for millions of people due to ENERGY STAR’s world-renowned mission.
- Rebate rewards*. The installation of energy efficient windows can also save you monetary value through rebates and tax credits. ENERGY STAR provides customers with an easy-to-use rebate and special offer finder online. This allows browsers to see what rebates are available in their location through a simple zip code entry.
- Green energy tax credits*. Energy efficient windows can also earn homeowners a green energy tax credit. If you are in a new or existing home and install energy efficient windows that go along with ENERGY STAR requirements, you could be allowed a ten percent tax credit up to a maximum of $200. Although the spectrum depends on what state you reside in, there are many tax reductions available for citizens advocating the country’s energy efficiency operation.
- Remodel for real estate. According to the National Association of Realtors 2015 cost vs. value report, restoring your windows with new wood or vinyl windows may return 71 percent to 78 percent of the project cost after resale.
- Save your style. Not only is energy efficiency valued among window frames, but glass possibilities as well. Glass panes, such as Pella’s SunDefense™ Low-E Insulating Glass, may help protect your fabrics and furniture from losing color.
Energy efficient pieces available at Pella Windows & Doors - Victoria can help take care of your home, probably reduce your bills and let you live comfortably within your own home. To see Pella’s ENERGY STAR products firsthand, visit our showroom in Victoria, or call us at 250-475-1277.
*Consult with your local Pella professional to determine which products are eligible. Consult with a qualified tax advisor to confirm eligibility. Pella Corporation and its sales partners assume no liability regarding the homeowner’s ability to obtain tax credits. For more information, visit energystar.gov/tax credits.