Vinyl, Fiberglass or Wood? Which Window Material is best for your Victoria, B.C home?
Deciding on the type of material to use on your window sash and frame is extremely important when ordering replacement windows. Here are a few points to consider relating to the various window materials that you may not have realized:
- Aluminum Windows — Although you can save money on the purchase price, aluminum windows can eat that savings in terms of energy efficiency compared to other window material choices. Aluminum windows are often thought of for wetness around the frame and common heat loss, which is detected by the feeling of more heat or cold when you stand close to the windows. The palette of color options is an additional reason why aluminum windows may not be the right choice for your Victoria home. While you can paint them, it would be extremely hard to attain the natural look that wood or fiberglass offers your home.
- Fiberglass Windows — Pella is proud to offer fiberglass windows for a number of reasons:
- Windows made from fiberglass are energy efficient.
- They can stand up to extreme temperatures.
- Fiberglass is durable for any climate or region of the country.
- Vinyl Windows — One of the top selling window materials with your neighbors in Victoria is vinyl. Vinyl windows are typically lower in cost, are energy efficient and are easy to maintain. Even though vinyl windows are sold in a variety of colors, there are fewer color options available. There are many advantages to vinyl window products and we invite you to discover more by reading our blog post “The Benefits of Vinyl Windows”
- Wood Windows — Wood windows can be an excellent investment for Victoria homeowners hoping to improve energy efficiency and overall home comfort. Wood windows tend to offer you higher R-values, weather-resistant, and are less prone to condensation. Many wood windows have aluminum or vinyl cladding on the exterior, which can lessen the need for external maintenance. We invite you to read more about wood windows in our aptly titled blog post “Why Buy Wood Windows?”
Fiberglass windows are usually higher in price than aluminum or vinyl windows.