What You Need To Know About Patio Doors: Hinged vs. Sliding for your Victoria, B.C home
Adding or replacing patio doors in your home can come with a lot of things to think about. From color to material type or product line, there are a lot of options to think about. Among these considerations is the crucial decision of whether you go with a hinged or sliding patio door. Both are great options and provide their own unique benefits, but ultimately there is one that will work best with your home and style.
Unsure which option is right for your home? Here’s some more information to help you decide whether you should go with a hinged or sliding patio door.
Sliding Patio Doors:
- If an area is tight, a sliding patio door is most likely the ideal door given that they don’t require room to swing open
- Due to their construction they are easy to care for
- Their large glass panels allow for a lot of natural light
- Offer a contemporary look for modern homes
- Pella Sliding Doors are equipped with a foot bolt lock to open the door about three inches to allow for ventilation.
Hinged Patio Doors:
- Provide a bigger opening for more foot traffic and allow for furniture to pass through easily
- Draw the eyes outdoors because of their gorgeous accents
- Have a low threshold to make coming and going easier
- Give you a more classic look
- Pella Hinged Doors offer a multi-point locking system for added security
Every home has its own unique needs, whether it is comfort, style, or functionality related, which is why we have both hinged and sliding patio doors. No matter which product line or material you pick, we have options to help you meet those needs. Whether you prefer wood, fiberglass or vinyl, we can help find the right product for you.
When you purchase a Pella® patio door in your Victoria home you’re not only gaining the aesthetic benefits, you’re getting the innovation that Pella® products offer. Our features show the attention to detail that you’re looking for.
Whether you have a question about which patio door option is best for your home and your budget or just want to take a look at a few different options, give the professionals at your Victoria Pella Showroom a call at 250-475-1277.