Window Style 101
Your window coverings can impact the style of your room. So, whether you’re aiming for a tranquil feeling or something lively to express your personality, you’re bound to uncover an idea here! Here are a few tips to dress up your windows.
- To create a sense of drama or to make a smaller room seem bigger, try floor-to-ceiling curtains.
- To add a bit of colorful character to a neutral room, or just to show off your personality, try curtains, roman shades, or even roller shades with a fancy print.
- To really pull a room together, try having window curtains made with the same fabric that covers your throw pillows, an ottoman or even the headboard on your bed.
- If you feel your room is a bit too dark, brighten things up with classic white curtains.
- If you love sprucing things up for the season, or just like to change things up every little bit, try swapping out the curtains in your main living room. You can go as festive as you’d like!
- If you’re having issues finding the best pattern for your curtains, don’t hold yourself to regular window curtains. Try looking for tablecloths, twin bed sheets or shower curtains to find what you have in mind.
- For an understated and stylish look, try layering solid curtains over patterned sheers.
- To spruce up a simple shade, add trim to the bottom. You are able to use anything from a fancy ribbon to sea shells you discovered on vacation.